Massage & Bodywork
When you allow yourself to be nurtured you are effectively mitigating the effects of stress on your body. A healing, nurturing touch can be just the anecdote you need to truly allow yourself to deeply relax in a safe supportive environment.
Deep relaxation allows your body the space and time it needs for profound emotional and physical healing from the inside out.
A Body Science massage session lasts 60 or 90 minutes and incorporates your whole self–mentally, physically and emotionally. While you are on the table the soothing music, quiet ambiance and nurturing touch allows you simply let go and let be, being totally aware of the pleasurable sensations through out your body…while you experience what its like to have no demands, no deadlines, no to-do’s, and no expectations. Its just you–its all about you and what would make you feel better right now– at this moment in time.
Each session is targeted to your individual needs while your body is pampered and soothed. Sometimes you need a firm, dynamic touch other times you really just want a deep rhythmic relaxing touch and most times you may need a mix of the two. Each session is designed for your maximum benefit.
I use a mix of her extensive training in bodywork, massage, energy work, and spa experiences to create the most peaceful environment I can while addressing the needs of your body, mind and soul. My goal is to soothe your frazzled nerves and muscles, allowing your whole self to drift into a state of bliss, healing mind, body and spirit.
Here are the general parameters for a massage with us.
- Generally, one should be clean and should not eat just before a massage.
- One should not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol as they can affect the pain perception and result in damaged tissue.
- Recommend that you drink at least 12 ounces of water following a massage and to avoid vigorous activity for at least an hour after any heat treatment.
- During your massage your body will be covered at all times with only the area being treated exposed.
- Undergarments may be worn if it helps you feel more comfortable.
- Professional draping techniques will be used at all times to ensure your comfort and privacy.
- If this is your first visit, plan on arriving 15 minutes early; I will ask you to complete a short intake form so the session can be tailored to your individual needs.
Depending on the session, you may feel tired or energized after the massage–this is normal. If you have some deep tissue work done you may be sore after the massage and into the next day. This is also normal.