Lifestyle & Stress Coaching
Massage & Bodywork
Whether you are suffering from the Business Blues, being burnt out/stressed out with no end in sight, or the Everyday Overwhelm with no way out, learning how to reduce your stress response and increase your relaxation response will go a long way towards improving your quality of life.
Body Science offers bodywork and awareness as a path to peace, unifying body, spirit and mind, so that you can begin to live a healthier more balanced life despite your current responsibilities and time constraints.
Using multiple tactics and modalities, you will learn how to create new solutions to old problems that change your habitual response patterns, enabling you to live your life the way you want it to be.
Packages are often catered to fit each persons individual needs and budget that will yield the best result for you. Within each program, you are offered opportunities to participate in extra-curricular activities including workshops, yoga-off-the-mat, meeting experts, attend classes, and taking part in organized retreats.
I use a mix of her extensive training in bodywork, massage, energy work, and spa experiences to create the most peaceful environment I can while addressing the needs of your body, mind and soul. My goal is to soothe your frazzled nerves and muscles, allowing your whole self to drift into a state of bliss, healing mind, body and spirit.
Here are the general parameters for a massage with us.
- Generally, one should be clean and should not eat just before a massage.
- One should not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol as they can affect the pain perception and result in damaged tissue.
- Recommend that you drink at least 12 ounces of water following a massage and to avoid vigorous activity for at least an hour after any heat treatment.
- During your massage your body will be covered at all times with only the area being treated exposed.
- Undergarments may be worn if it helps you feel more comfortable.
- Professional draping techniques will be used at all times to ensure your comfort and privacy.
- If this is your first visit, plan on arriving 15 minutes early; I will ask you to complete a short intake form so the session can be tailored to your individual needs.
Depending on the session, you may feel tired or energized after the massage–this is normal. If you have some deep tissue work done you may be sore after the massage and into the next day. This is also normal.